Good News Sebastian! We’re celebrating our website launch with a contest to win a $100 gift card to any local family owned business of your choice!
How to enter: Comment your picture on the official Good News Sebastian post on Facebook before the end of Christmas day.
We can’t wait to see what yall come up with! Tag a friend! Share your photo! The picture comment with the most likes wins!
Official Rules and Guidelines
- In the result of a tie, there will be a public poll with the tied winners to determine a finalist.
- No animals are allowed to be harmed in the process of taking your photos.
- The photo needs to be of your own pet. No stock photos allowed.
- The winner will be announced December 26th, 2019 on the Good News Sebastian website and Facebook page.
- $100 gift card cannot be exchanged for cash. The winner of the contest is decided by the public Facebook post likes.
- The contest opens 8am December 22nd, 2019 and ends at midnight December 25th, 2019.
- The winner is decided purely on the amount of likes received on the public Good News Sebastian Facebook post.
- The winner will be notified via Facebook and will be tagged in the public post announcing their winning photo.
- There are no limits on how many pictures you may submit but we ask that you at least make them different and they must be your own photos.
- Photoshopped submissions will not be accepted.
- Submission photos will remain the intellectual property of the person who submitted it.
- Entering the contest constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions stated on www.GoodNewsSebastian.com
More exciting legal notices
- No direct relatives of the Good News Sebastian staff are allowed to win.
- Entrants under the age of 18 require the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 of age indicate they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
- Good News Sebastian retains the right to re-use, alter, and repost submitted photos perpetually without notice to the submitter. Good News Sebastian promises to only do so in good taste and responsibly.
- These official rules and guidelines can be changed at any point in time without notice.
- Before submitting a work, the entrant is responsible for taking all steps necessary to protect the right of publicity and other rights of persons depicted in the work, including but not limited to obtaining their permission, to avoid any problems related to the infringement of these rights.
- Entrants are responsible for the resolution of any legal issues arising from their submitted works and agree to pay any costs thereby incurred.
- The organizer reserves the right to disallow entries that depict brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on neon signs, posters, or in other forms, or that in its judgment are harmful to public order, violate standards of decency, or are contrary to the goals of the contest.
- Entrants must hold all applicable rights to the final image, including any retouching or other image processing.
- Entrants will not be notified of the receipt of their entries. Please note that the organizer will not respond to inquiries concerning their receipt.
- Entries are only accepted through the Internet.
- Entrants must bear all costs incurred by entering the contest.
- Entering the contest constitutes agreement to the terms and conditions stated in these Entry Guidelines.
- The organizer reserves the right of final judgment concerning items not expressly stated in these Entry Guidelines. Entrants who do not consent to the organizer’s decisions may withdraw from the contest. All costs associated with withdrawal from the contest are to be borne by the entrant.
- Once submitted, entries will not be returned to entrants under any circumstances, even if they are later withdrawn.
- Please note that the organizer may elect to suspend or postpone receipt of any or all entries if in its judgment the contest cannot be run smoothly, securely, or without affecting the fairness of the judging due to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to network failure, computer viruses, or unauthorized access to its servers.
- Please note that when a winning work is used for exhibitions and the like stated below, due to circumstances concerning printing or otherwise, the tone or expressed meaning may not be strictly reproduced according to the winner’s intent
- Please note that no response will be given to any inquiries, complaints, or objections regarding the judges’ decisions.
- Although entries are handled with the greatest possible care, the organizer will not bear responsibility for accidents, damage, loss, or other problems that occur during data transfer.
- The organizer will not bear responsibility for entrant damages, etc. arising from or related to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to network failure, computer viruses, or unauthorized access to its servers. The organizer will not bear responsibility for damages or other harm suffered by entrants as a result of their participation in the contest.
- Entrants are required to obtain the prior permission and consent of the persons who are portrayed in their works or who hold the copyright or other intellectual property rights to the works or the items portrayed therein.
- Entrants agree to fully indemnify the organizer and bear all responsibility for any third-party complaints or objections concerning copyright or other intellectual-property-right infringement or damages arising from submitted works.
- The above limitations also apply to the responsibilities borne by the organizer as well as the judges and third parties participating in the contest in cooperation with the organizer.
- The organizer reserves the right to publish entries to its public social networking service accounts throughout the submission period to publicize the contest. Such publication does not guarantee an award of any kind.
- The organizer reserves the right to publish all entries onto websites and social networking service accounts related to the contest after the first round of judging. Some entries might be cropped for publication.
- With the objective of publicizing the contest and enriching the general image-making culture, the organizer reserves in perpetuity the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, publicly transmit, display, print, distribute, adapt, and screen winning entries with the credit titles on websites and public social networking service accounts as well as in photo exhibitions, camera-related events, exhibitions, and the corresponding facilities managed or organized by the subsidiaries or affiliates of Good News Sebastian and local agents authorized by the organizer (collectively called the “organizer, etc.”, a term that includes the organizer) without further compensation to or the additional prior consent of the winners.
- The organizer, etc. will display the names of the winners and the titles of the winning entries on contest-related websites and public social networking service accounts, at exhibitions, and in other locations where the works are shown.
- With the objective of accomplishing the goals outlined in the above clause, the organizer, etc. may: (a) display the winning entries in whole or in part on websites or public social networking service accounts under its administration, with the addition of graphical effects, sound effects, or music, and (b) employ the winning entries in whole or in part in the creation of posters, tickets, and pamphlets promoting photo exhibitions and other events. The winners agree not to exercise moral rights concerning the use of winning entries by the organizer, etc.
- For objectives other than those stated above, upon agreement with the entrant or winner, the organizer reserves in perpetuity the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, publicly transmit, display, print, distribute, adapt, and screen entries or winning entries with labels indicating them as entries or winning entries of the contest and the credit titles, without further compensation.
- Entries that in the judgment of the organizer do not conform to these Entry Guidelines will be disqualified. Entrants will not be notified in this event.
- If a winner is found to be disqualified after a prize is awarded, the award might be revoked and the entrant requested to return the prize.